Applicants for PERFORM PhD positions will be selected on their potential for scientific excellence and adaptability to work in a multicultural environment. Recruitment will be a transparent, open and equal process following the guidelines of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
To ensures the procedure is transparent, open and equal for all applicants and the selection of PhD candidates follows the recruitment criteria of scientific excellence PERFORM set up a multi-step application procedure.
Steps of the Application Procedure for Call 1
We are currently evaluating the received applications. Committed to following an open, transparent, impartial equitable and merit-based recruitment procedure that is fair to all applicants, we set up an evaluation process that takes more time an expected. Consequently our inital timeline was too ambitious. According to the new timeline evaluators will rate all applications till 28.02.2018. Every applicant will be informed about the outcome of this process. Due to the new timeline participation at the recruitment workshop will only be remote via video link. We appologize for the delay, we are working hard to get you the information as soon as possible.
Steps of the Application Procedure for Call 2
The first call is already closed, but we opened a second call for participation. The following figure shows the process steps and hightlights the changed dates and deadlines of the second call in red:
- 09.02.2018 – Call 2 Opens: From this day on applicants can send their applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants can apply online for one to maximum three positions and are required to indicate their preference
- 28.02.2018 – 11:00 AM (GMT) – Call Closes: From this day on no more appications are accepted. The evaluation of received applications starts. We will invite the most promising candidates to a recruitment workshop in Dublin.
- 10.03.2018 – Transmission of Invitations to Recruitment Workshop: On this day we send out invitations to potential candidates for the recruitment workshop.
- 12.03.2018 – 13.03.2018 – Recruitment Workshop (Dublin): The selected candidates will be interviewed by the recruitment committee in Dublin (remote participation via video link). The final decision on who will cover the PhD positions will be made by the recuitment committee based on this workshop.
- 20.03.2018 – Transmission of Acceptance Letters: On this day we will send out acceptance letters for all 15 PhD positions.
- 01.09.2018 – Start of Project: On this day the PERFORM starts for all PhD candidates. PhD candidates are employed from this day on at their respective hosts and start their training and research projects.
Documents to be included in the Application
Applicants will need to prove that they are eligible, according to the Early Stage Researcher definition, mobility rule, and English language proficiency. Before applying , please read the eligibility criteria. Consequently an application must include the following documents:
- the PERFORM Application Form,
- a letter of motivation,
- a detailed CV,
- Master’s degree transcripts,
- additional documents that proof the eligibility for the corresponding doctorate degree program and
- proof of sufficient English language skills.
Due to specific requirements at certain host universities additional information may be required. Make sure to check the specific requirements for every ESR position.